I left the boys early last night for a blog event. As always, I prepare something extra special for supper. Then I forgot Hubby’s friend is also dropping by to test the new midi controller. Oh big boys and their toys! After thorough research and Read Full Review , they can’t wait to rock it out.
So with full make-up on, I scrambled to pop some lamb ribs in the oven. Hubby seeing I prepared a large batch of his favorite sweet corn soup, said to forego the lamb and that the soup seems good enough for them. In any case, they can order takeaway also. This morning, Hubby related our guest really enjoyed the soup and asked for the recipe, adding it was the best sweet corn soup!
Of course I am always happy to share! Hubby will only have tomato-based soup until he tried this. Don’t be fooled by the gourmet title because everything you need to make this comfort food yummy is found on your vegetable bin. However, when blended with a dash of milk, it tastes luxury! Thanks again to DinnerTime Dubai for this simple, nourishing recipe.
Gourmet Creamy Sweet Corn Soup
1/2 onion chopped
1 carrot peeled and chopped
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/2 cube chicken stock
1 can of sweet corn
1/2 bunch fresh spinach cut into pieces
100 ml milk
Cheese fatayer bread (or any cheese bread you have to dip)
1. Heat oil in a large pot and gently fry onion and carrots for 3-5 minutes. Add bell peper and crumble stock cube while stirring for 1 minute.
2. Add sweet corn including the liquid, add 250 ml water and simmer under cover for around 7 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and mix the soup directly in the pot with a handheld mixer.
4. Return to the stove to add milk and spinach. Bring to boil again until spinach softens. Season with salt and chilli pepper.
5. Serve warm with cheese bread.