We are thinking of laminating the floor in the kitchen area as part of remodeling the apartment. Last year’s holiday to the french country side inspired us to give our home more in touch with nature. Since hardwood is expensive, we are thinking of the next best option. I talked to some experts in the business and did my own research online because I want to make sure I have chosen the best option. Remodeling will cost us a bit and I wish to see clearly where all the money will go.
After two weeks of research, it seems we are making a good choice. I learned plenty on the pros and cons of choosing laminate flooring and I share with you some:
1. It is a cheaper alternative than hardwood yet you get the same earthy, country chic appearance.
2. Laminate flooring is easier and quicker to install when remodeling your home.
3. It can adapt to any subfloor – concrete, vinyl, new wood, or ceramic.
4. Most laminate flooring brands like Mannigton laminate offer 10 to 15 years warranty. This is something hard wood floors cannot guarantee.
5. You get a shiny, photographic finish. All the time.
And of course, last but not the least, a laminated floor is easier to care for. This is the reason why we are seriously considering remodeling the kitchen floor. Our current kitchen floor tiles has endured enough pasta sauce spills and sticky butter cream frosting. It’s time for a make-over.