I made up this easy soup recipe last month and been cooking it sporadically for the last three weeks. I needed something new to serve my dear Hubby who has a more adventurous palate between us. Give me Chetinnad Biryani with chicken 65 everyday and I won’t complain teehee. Hubby on the other hand, loves steak, suchi, and lamb chops with variety of stew/soup recipes in between. After learning how to cook papaitan, I am moving on to seafood.
Recipe Serves 2
1 kg fresh local clam
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3-5 pieces of thinly sliced ginger
3 tsp chopped garlic
1/2 tsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped onion springs
your choice of greens – pechay, kangkong, or spinach.
red chili (optional)
1. Soak clams in water for not less than two hours to remove the sand.
2. Heat a deep sauce pan. Fry the thinly sliced pieces of ginger in extra virgin olive oil. Remove from heat and set aside.
3. In the same oil, sautee garlic, onion, and chopped ginger.
4. Add four cups water and bring to boil.
5. Add fresh clams and cover for 3-4 minutes or until they all open.
6. Season with salt. Add the fried ginger and your choice of green leaves.
7. When green leaves are half-cooked, add chopped spring onions and red chili. Remove from heat.
8. Serve immediately with fragrant jasmine rice.